What Question Would You Ask John Green?

13f581b0c8a0f9a26503d110.L._V242253634_SL200_

On Monday, January 30th, John Green is coming to Amazon for an interview. Needless to say, we're excited to talk to him-- but we've been talking amongst ourselves, and he's got such a vibrant and involved fan base, we thought we'd ask our readers a question first: what question would you like to ask John Green?

51Hr9qKTQCL._BO2,204,203,200_AA300_SH20_OU01_

Leave a question (or two, or three) in the comments below. We'll collect them and ask as many as we can. Then we'll put the video up on Omnivoracious a week or so later. Please, don't be shy. How many chances do you get to interact with a bestselling, beloved author?

(Be sure to sign your first name, so we can credit you on the video.)

What do you hope readers will get out of your books?

Posted by: Sharmin | Wednesday January 25, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I just wanted to let you know that when I was reading the book, I automatically read it in your voice. Needless to say, your voice doesn't really suit the character of a 17 year old girl. *No spoilers* There were times where it got really awkward! I am a victim of watching too many of your Vlogs! However, it doesn't change the fact that I greatly enjoyed the book! What are the plans for the next one?

Posted by: NerdFighter | Wednesday January 25, 2012 at 2:50 PM

What has been the most suprising thing about the Nerdfighter community for you?

Posted by: Lindsay | Wednesday January 25, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Dare I ask what happens to Hazel?

Posted by: Annie | Wednesday January 25, 2012 at 3:25 PM

What is your view on the afterlife?

why did you choose Amsterdam?

Posted by: Liana | Wednesday January 25, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I'd just like you to know that when Hazel thinks about books that mend the shattered world and just must must must be read by anyone and everyone, I immediately thought of your work. You seem to have this way of saying the Truth - things we all know, but only few of us have words for.

So, thank you.

But now, down to business for the good people of Amazonia:

If you could be any combination of characters - real or fictional, human or otherwise - who/what would you be?

Posted by: Hanna | Wednesday January 25, 2012 at 6:17 PM

How do you do it over and over again?

"The Fault in Our Stars' is the most incredible YA love story I have ever read. Make that the most incredible love story. I can't think too deeply about it or I begin sobbing all over again.

I suppose that is more a comment than a question.

Posted by: Barbara Jean | Wednesday January 25, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Long time Nerdfighter. Just wanted you to know "The Fault in Our Stars" was my "An Imperial Affliction" (but thankfully I'm not dying from cancer). I was literally crying and laughing at the same time near the end. It means a lot to me and thank you for writing it.
Question: Was "The Fault in Our Stars" particularly hard to write compared to your other books?

Posted by: Ling | Wednesday January 25, 2012 at 9:20 PM

In Hazel-like fashion, I would like to know what happens to Hazel after the book ends?

Posted by: Carissa Viera | Thursday January 26, 2012 at 8:50 AM

When you were younger did you think you were going to be a bestselling author?

Posted by: Faith | Thursday January 26, 2012 at 1:39 PM

What advice would you give to a young writer trying to write a novel?

Posted by: Faith | Thursday January 26, 2012 at 1:40 PM

How did you meet the Yeti?

Posted by: Faith | Thursday January 26, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Define love.

Posted by: Faith | Thursday January 26, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Throughout your life, what do you most regret? Your education? your values?

Posted by: Elizabeth Bauman | Thursday January 26, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Is an author, your ultimate career choice? Do you still want to BE anything when you grow up?

Posted by: Elizabeth Bauman | Thursday January 26, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Obviously Amsterdam, left an impression on you. Where do you want to travel next?

Posted by: Elizabeth Bauman | Thursday January 26, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I know that you and Hank planned to end vlogging eachother after a predetermine amount of time, but instead agreed to continue. Do you think that in the future you guys might just stop? :C

Posted by: Elizabeth Bauman | Thursday January 26, 2012 at 4:30 PM

thanks

Posted by: nhaajula | Thursday January 26, 2012 at 4:44 PM

My questions to John Green:

Who the eff is Hank?

Have you ever thought of writing a book in the adult-fiction section?

The signed copies of TFioS numbered 150K, that's got to be a world record, will you do it again?

Posted by: Matthew Bailey | Friday January 27, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Which of your books is your favorite?

What is your most favorite book you've ever read?

How long did it take you to finish Infinite Jest?

Posted by: Shannon Devlin | Saturday January 28, 2012 at 10:42 PM

One of the things I love most about TFiOS was how incredibly intelligent and likable the characters are; they threw around amazingness nonchalantly, waiting for someone to recognize the brilliance but not forcing it down anyone's throat, with phrases such as "Everything is a side effect of dying," "pain demands to be felt," "all salvation is temporary." And I am fortunate to have come across this brilliance and be able to appreciate it.

Now, to the question, I guess what affected me the most is characters so cynical towards life (obviously with good reasons) can be so optimistic about love, something I take to be more unreliable than life. Do you believe in the existence of true love, and that "everybody should (and can) have true love and it should last at least as long as your life does?"

Posted by: Ling | Sunday January 29, 2012 at 10:46 AM

You said TFiOS was inspired by your work in a children's hospital. Did anyone or anything inspire Van Houten and his twisted brilliance?

Posted by: Ling | Sunday January 29, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Relating to TFiOS, how do one successfully hold on to his dignity?

Posted by: Ling | Sunday January 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM

What do you think are the most important lessons for children to learn (whether at school or at home)?

Posted by: Tria | Sunday January 29, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Brazilian nerdfighters are proud to have made you published in portuguese through a petition. We all love Alasca! So, PLEASE TELL US, is any of your other books going to published here as well?

Posted by: Dayse D. | Monday January 30, 2012 at 5:07 AM