Number One New York Times Best Seller Karen Marie Moning on Her New Urban Fantasy Trilogy

MoningFresh off of the massive success that was Shadowfever, a New York Times #1 bestseller, Karen Marie Moning is back with Iced, a new urban fantasy set in the world of the Fever series, picking up immediately where the last book ended. At its center is Dani O'Malley, the powerful, tough-talking teen sidhe seer who has stolen readers' hearts.

For anyone who somehow hasn’t heard of Moning’s books, Dani plays by her own set of rules in a world overrun by Dark Fae, helped by rare talents and the all-powerful Sword of Light. But now, amid pandemonium, her greatest gifts have turned into serious liabilities. Dani’s ex-best friend, MacKayla Lane, wants her dead; the terrifying Unseelie princes have put a price on her head; and Inspector Jayne, the head of the police force, is after her sword and will stop at nothing to get it. What’s more, people are being mysteriously frozen to death all over the city, encased on the spot in sub-zero, icy tableaux. From there, it just gets worse—and more exciting.

According to Moning, in an exclusive interview for Omnivoracious, the biggest difference between the prior novels and Iced is that “the reader gets multiple points of view, rather than experiencing everything through Mac’s eyes. I know some readers will miss having interaction with Mac and Barrons but I’ve got an incredible journey in store for the reader and a lot of great stuff up my sleeve.”

KMM is one-of-a-kind in this genre! Anyone I have ever referred her books to understands why she is my favorite. ICED was everything I expected AND more! KMM ROCKS!

Posted by: Helen | Thursday December 6, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Anything by KMM is on my must read list. Iced was a delight. Tightly written, fast paced and with a cast of characters you fall in love with, or love to hate!

Posted by: Cindy B | Thursday December 6, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I love Iced and all of Karen's work. She keeps you intranced from page one to the end. Almost all of her books I have read in one sitting. :) They are incredibly hard to put down and the wait for the next book in the series is a worth your wile wait. I recommend her books to everyone. You will be drawn in by Mac and Barrons and the chemistry between them. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book in Dani's story. Great stuff there!!!

Posted by: Shelly L. | Wednesday December 5, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Karen Marie Moning is on my buy as soon as released, no
question!! I've read every book of hers I could get my hands
on. The amazing details and emotion inducing characters awe me
I am so glad I was introduced to her books and plan on
continuing to be a fan always!!

Posted by: Amy Dentremont | Wednesday December 5, 2012 at 7:13 PM

When I am asked to recommend an author, Karen Marie Moning is always the first of the list. She is by far my favorite author and I cannot wait for what's in store :)

Posted by: Misty King | Wednesday December 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I loved this book and can't wait for the next...and I agree with Karen about the IPod scene with the choice of music - too funny! I also can't wait for the conclusion to Mac and Barrons...Like all your books I just couldn't put them down!

Posted by: Cheryl | Wednesday December 5, 2012 at 1:59 PM

love KMM and her worlds.

Posted by: Shannon (Ellie) | Wednesday December 5, 2012 at 1:20 PM

It's great that you don't try to "please" people. These books are ultimately YOUR stories (your children). You have to remain true to that. And I really don't think finding followers who love exactly what you are doing and how you are doing it should be a problem. I think you probably have tons of women followers in love with one or more of your totally hot male characters!

Posted by: Angela Pittman | Wednesday December 5, 2012 at 12:58 PM

"I’d rather irritate a few people and delight a lot than touch no one.”

Why not be unpredictable and unique and delight a few?!?! Instead of writing what the fangirls want?

But we'll see. Iced was a great read. Let's hope the rest of the trilogy will be as well.

Posted by: Ryogirl | Wednesday December 5, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Love this series!

Posted by: Molly McFall | Wednesday December 5, 2012 at 12:42 PM

LOVE LOVE the fever series and Iced is a great start to the next!! Keep up the good work because I am so ready for the next book!! Love you KMM!!

Posted by: Trisha Blonde | Wednesday December 5, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I have read all of Karen's books, and she never ever disappoints. She's the best writer of her genre, hands down. Iced is better than I expected. You go girl! Can't wait for Burned!

Posted by: Laura | Wednesday December 5, 2012 at 12:40 PM

LOVE the Fever series. One of my absolute all time favorites, hands down. I am looking forward to reading Iced and I better get it for Christmas or I'm going shopping for myself! Karen, you are truly talented and I have been a big fan since the Highlander series. Love, love, love!

Posted by: Jackie | Wednesday December 5, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Love KMM. Read and re-read all of her books. Waiting, waiting, waiting for the next book.

Posted by: April Mollenkopf | Wednesday December 5, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I ADORE KMM and the amazing world she has built in her books. Each one is a mini-masterpiece. The only downside is waiting a year between each release, but every year my expectations for the new book are just blown away. Karen really is a master at her craft!

Posted by: Tiffany | Wednesday December 5, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I am listening to this book right now and it is so fabulous. I love it.

Posted by: Mindi | Wednesday December 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM

“smart, funny, strongly opinionated, vocal."
Yes, that would be us, LOL. Only because we enjoyed the books so.

Posted by: Lorna | Wednesday December 5, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Love this, loved the book and can´t wait for the next one - Need more Dani! =)

best wishes, Linda

Posted by: Linda | Wednesday December 5, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Thank you for not selling out to the masses and continuing to write sexy gritty novels that are page turners.

Posted by: Paris | Wednesday December 5, 2012 at 11:36 AM

We love you, too, Karen! (And I also love the iPod scene, particularly Lor!)

Posted by: Jaclyn Womack | Wednesday December 5, 2012 at 10:31 AM