We always pay attention to the Washington State Book Awards, organized by The Washington Center for the Book. Authors who were born in the state of Washington and/or have lived here for at least three years are eligible. The winners will be announced at a celebration on Saturday, October 14, at 7 p.m. at the Central Library in downtown Seattle. The event is free and open to all.
Here is a link to the complete awards announcement page at the Seattle Public Library website.
- The Solace of Monsters by Laurie Blauner
- Stories of Your Life and Others by Ted Chiang
- Barkskins by Annie Proulx
- Lovecraft Country by Matt Ruff
- Daredevils by Shawn Vestal
- Inside by Susan Marie Conrad
- An Earlier Life by Brenda Miller
- Shrill by Lindy West
- My Old Man and the Mountain by Leif Whittaker
- The Immortal Irishman by Timothy Egan
- Eruption by Steve Olson
- While the City Slept by Eli Sanders
- Turning Homeward by Adrienne Ross Scanlan
- Seawoman of Iceland by Margaret Willson
Again, you can see the full list here.
You might also like:
Sign up for the Amazon Book Review: Best books of the month * author interviews * the reading life * and more